Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Food Service Supervisor- Food Services- Requisition #2424798
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supervises and coordinates activities of staff engaging
preparing and serving food and other related duties.
- Observes and evaluates staff and work procedures
to ensure quality standards and service.
- Assigns duties, responsibilities and workstations
to Food Service staff.
- Collaborates with Nutritionist and other staff to
plan menus, serving arrangements, and related detail.
- Specifies food portions and courses, production
and time sequences, and work station and equipment arrangements.
- Inspects supplies, equipment, and work areas, to
ensure efficient service and compliance to established standards.
- Trains staff in proper food preparation and
- Recommends measures to improve work procedures
and staff performance to increase quality of services and job safety.
- Appropriately documents production and
operational data per established procedure.
- Arranges for purchase/requisition of necessary
supplies and equipment to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Resolves customer complaints regarding food
- Initiates personnel actions, such as hires and
discharges, to ensure proper staffing.
- Analyzes operational problems, such as theft and
wastage, and establishes controls.
- Performs other related duties.
- High school Diploma/GED
- 3 years of dietary or related experience in unit operations
including food preparation, distribution, service and record maintenance.
Supervisory experience preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.