Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Pharmacy Utilization Education Coordinator - 2456994
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Pharmacy Utilization
Education Coordinator assists in the development, implementation, management
and operation of clinical pharmacy services for a Multiple Myeloma focused
inpatient setting. Develops and presents in-service training programs to keep staff
current and knowledgeable on developments in pharmaceutical care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Each of the Pharmacy Clinical Coordinators performs the following tasks; in addition, following are the specific tasks for each coordinator:
2. Offers specific training programs to maintain or improve job skills to pharmacy staff.
3. Monitors, evaluates and records training activities and program effectiveness.
4. Collaborates with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review, and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of drugs and drug regimens, providing advice on drug applications and characteristics.
5. Participates in the departmental clinical service program.
6. Remains current with the various Pharmaceutical databases.
7. Provides support for the Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee by preparing drug evaluations and assisting in formulary maintenance.
8. Maintains adequate documentation to satisfy Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations’ (JCAHO) requirements or other regulatory agencies.
9. Performs other related duties.
Graduate from an
accredited College of Pharmacy (ACPE), and completion of a PGY1 residency
program (or equivalent experience).
Advanced degree, and completion of a PGY2 specialty residency and Board Certification preferred
5 years’ experience, extensive skill and knowledge in health care setting
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.