Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Financial Analyst gathers financial information, analyzes that information, prepares reports, and makes recommendations to Administrators and other departmental leadership to drive financial performance. These reports provide internal control over fiscal activity on operating, restricted fund and endowment accounts and other financial activities within the department.
- Develops, maintains, and analyzes monthly reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs, for department including clinical trials and grants if applicable. Provide variance analysis.
- Communicates with staff/faculty to obtain variance explanations; alert accounting team to wire transfers and to ensure that revenue and expenses are captured properly, including accruals as appropriate.
- Maintains and reviews faculty/staff Time and Effort reports; track variance to budget
- Tracks and coordinates the outstanding seed/strategic commitments made to various faculty within the department.
- Assists in business plan development for new faculty recruitment.
- Assists in the development of annual budgets for the department, including all detail schedules, for revenue, expense and capital budgets, tuition, royalties, indirect cost recovery, endowment income and other items.
- Develops periodic financial reports and distribute to Dept Chair, chiefs, and administrators with aim to improve efficiency and profitability.
- Analyzes business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses.
- Prepares ‘ad-hoc’ Budget and other Financial Presentations reports and supporting financial analysis.
- Assists with ensuring compliance with financial policies including deficit management, departmental financial break-even goals and coding.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-4 years of Finance or relevant experience
- Hospital system or Academic institution experience preferred
Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
Attention to detail
Very good written and oral communication skills
Advanced excel proficiency – MUST HAVE (nested formulas, pivot tables, etc.)
Familiarity with compiling financial reports reflecting financial status and operating procedures of organizations.