Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Quality Improvement Research Analyst - Surgery, 2428392
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Clinical data abstraction from EPIC, Prism, and other sources
- Conducts audits to ensure reliability of data collected by participating health system hospitals for particular QI projects
- Development of data collection processes (chart review tools, patient questionnaires, databases, etc.) or identification of data sources
- Provides data for monthly oversight meetings and new initiatives
- Analyzes data to identify trends in post-operative occurrences
- Coordinates with clinical team to set goals for improving patient care
- Partners with inpatient and outpatient teams to engineer process improvements
- Assists in providing training to other clinical abstractors from health system participating hospitals
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related science field
- Experience: 3 years of experience in research, data analysis, or a relevant clinical environment
- Knowledge of database management systems
- Knowledge of electronic medical records and/or CPT and ICD 10 coding
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.