Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Per-Diem Vascular Coordinator- Surgery, 2428944
The Vascular Coordinator performs basic and advanced ultrasound examinations in accordance with established protocols.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Performs basic and advanced ultrasound scans as prescribed by established protocols.
- Reviews doctors’ interpretations and patient files, and monitor patients.
- Assists in the performance of interventional procedures.
- Applies knowledge of anatomy, physiology, positioning and imaging techniques to optimize the quality of ultrasound images.
- Captures images onto PACS system and transfers images to physician workstations.
- Evaluates images prior to the release of patients to ensure the study is diagnostic.
- Prepares the exam room for procedures by ensuring all inventory and stock prior to arrival of radiologist.
- Participates in the performance and documentation of quality control, quality assurance and improvement activities.
- Informs appropriate personnel of any equipment failure and documents type of problem and any associated downtime.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment to comply with established infection control and departmental protocols. Operates and cares for testing equipment.
- Provides patient education related to specific ultrasound study.
- Ensures the safety of patients and family members.
- Communicates effectively and compassionately with patients, family members and other employees.
- Education: High School/GED is required.
- Graduate of a two-year ultrasound program with clinical and didactic education
- Experience: 1 year experience performing ultrasounds preferred
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (RDMS) by the American
- Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.