Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Associate Director of Employee Relations/ISMMS HR is accountable for handing all employee relations matters within the Icahn School of Medicine as well as Human Resources protocols and procedures for Faculty, Residents, Fellows and Post Doctoral Fellows throughout the institution.
- Employee relations matters, including advisement and guidance to MSSM faculty and staff on matters related to institutional policies, discipline, performance management, separation/terminations, including: developing and recommending appropriate corrective actions/progressive discipline, advising on communication approaches, documentation; drafting disciplinary documents; negotiating and drafting of separation agreements. troubleshooting departmental adherence to FMLA, ADA, and other HR protocol and compliance procedures
- Investigations related to various levels of MSSM faculty, fellows, residents, post doctoral fellows, and staff, including collaboration with Associate Dean for Faculty and Staff Relations, Legal, and Compliance
- Oversees employee/labor relations at the Affiliates including supervising the Regional HR Manager on all labor/employee relations matters; advise on disruptive behavior; interpreting the HR policies and collective bargaining agreements as well as assisting with advising and guiding management on applications of same. Consultative role for grievances, arbitrations, and law suits. Partnering with Unions for labor management issues
- Serves as second chair to chief negotiator during union negotiations for collective bargaining agreement renewals. Assists in developing strategies and coordinating preparations for negotiations for collective bargaining agreement renewals
- Advises on FMLA/PFL procedures as well as other laws, regulations and policies to faculty, fellows, residents, post doctoral fellows, and staff
- Develop and conduct training programs related to employee relations and policies and procedures for all levels of MSSM personnel
- Maintenance of department investigatory database
- Performs other related duties as required to support the HR function for ISMMS and Mount Sinai Services (Affiliates)
- Education: Baccalaureate degree required in Human Resources or related field.(Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field a plus)
- Experience: Five (5) years of relevant human resources experience required
- Demonstrate intermediate skills in Microsoft Office and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Outstanding Interpersonal skills including the ability to influence others
- Strong leadership skills required
- Advanced PC skills are essential
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.