Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Experimental Psychopathology Laboratory (EPL) at the Department of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS) conducts translational and clinical research aiming to develop treatments for individuals with psychosis and related disorders. We are seeking to hire two raters to conduct cognitive, diagnostic, and clinical assessments as part of an NIMH-funded, multi-site randomized clinical trial aiming to improve cognitive and daily functioning in individuals with schizophrenia and related disorders. The ideal candidates will have extensive experience conducting cognitive, diagnostic and clinical assessments among individuals with schizophrenia. Opportunities for publications are available.
- Conduct and review cognitive, diagnostic, and clinical assessments of study participants
- Complete timely scoring and review of assessments and interviews
- Complete data cleaning and quality assurance procedures
- Participate in regularly scheduled lab and study meetings
- Communicate regularly with the study PIs, project director, site coordinator, and study personnel to ensure timely completion of all study procedures
- Perform other study-related duties
- A doctoral student in an APA/CPA accredited program in clinical psychology or neuropsychology
- One year of relevant experience administering cognitive, diagnostic and clinical assessments among individuals with psychosis
- Demonstrated experience administering the MATRICS Consensus Cognitive Battery (MCCB) or similar cognitive batteries
- Demonstrated experience administering the SCID, PANSS and/or similar semi-structured clinical interviews
- Experience in clinical trials a major plus
- Microsoft Office - Advanced skill level
- Familiarity with SPSS and/or related statistical software
- Facility with iMacs
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.