Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversight and management of sample acquisition, quality and analyses, including RNA, DNA, plasma and cellular based studies, with particular focus on multi-site, collaborative-based quality control.
- Coordination of multi-site communications, and integrating with the data coordinating center data analysts and bioinformaticians. Knowledge of and application of multiple datasets (RedCap, Jupyter notebooks, csv files, web-based management) to assure reproducible and replicable scientific handoffs and results.
- Assessment of cost considerations for budgeting major laboratory and analytic efforts
- Oversight of content and quality control for laboratory information management systems and laboratory inventory
- Tracking patient recruitment progress
- Isolation of intestinal and peripheral blood cells
- Flow cytometry and Cytof processing and analysis
- Expertise required with DNA, RNA, cellular isolation experiences from tissues and blood
- Detail-orientation in management of files and datasets
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong ability to interface with data analysts and bioinformaticians
- Immunologic knowledge advantageous
- Laboratory experience, immunology preferred, specimen management, data-savvy.
- Masters or PhD, or equivalent experience
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.