Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
A Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) I position is currently available for the Women’s Research Center program within the Tisch Cancer Institute. Duties will include activities such as, but no limited to, data collection, obtaining informed consent, and maintaining and organizing study information.
The Tisch Cancer Institute is a vital component of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital and plays a key role in the Mount Sinai Health System, which is one of the largest health care systems in the nation. We are a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated center and provide a multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatments and clinical breakthroughs that may one day put an end to cancer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects and records study data; inputs all information into database.
- Under direct supervision of the Principle Investigator(s), obtains informed consent and educates participants regarding study requirements.
- Assists in the activities related to clinical research studies including but not limited to: answering phone calls, screening participants for eligibility, registering subjects with sponsoring agency, and administering lifestyle questionnaires.
- Maintains source documents and subject files in accordance with hospital procedures; helps to ensure accurate and complete compilation of subject data through chart reviews.
- Secures, delivers and ships clinical specimens as required by the protocol.
- Responsible for organizing and preparing for monitoring visits.
- Assists with coordination and management of clinical trials including communication with Sponsors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's in Science or closely related field preferred.
- Experience in a hospital or academic (research) environment preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.