Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Homann Lab is seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate Researcher to join our Immunology Research Laboratory at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. Our work is focused on T cell biology in the context of autoimmune (type 1 diabetes) and infectious disease, and we draw on a wide range of basic and advanced experimental techniques to interrogate mechanisms of disease development, to explore strategies for disease prevention, and to develop novel treatment approaches.
- Works closely with the Principal Investigator and other lab members to ensure effective day-to-day laboratory workflow
- Performs different assays and experiments according to standard protocols (independently and together with other lab members)
- Assists with the development/optimization of advanced experimental protocols and procedures
- Other: oversees the process of purchasing supplies and reagents; manages inventory; ensures that all equipment is properly maintained, safe and ready to use; ensures compliance with safety and regulatory requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology or related field
- 3-4 years of experience as a research associate (or full-time equivalent) in a basic science laboratory, preferentially immunology/microbiology
- Excellent experimental and organizational skills
- Practical experience with animal husbandry (mice), basic molecular biology, virology, cell culture, and immunological techniques (in particular flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, immunoblotting)
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with other lab members.
- Readiness to acquire new and advanced experimental skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of standard research concepts
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.