Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Title: Licensed Practical Nurse - 102nd Street
Participates in the application of the nursing process to an
assigned group of patients. Demonstrates those behaviors which reflect the
scientific knowledge, judgment, and technical skills of a Licensed Practical
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Delivers nursing care in structured & routine situations free of scientific complexity.
- Assistance with activities of daily living.
- Administration of treatments and routine tasks such as suctioning and urinary catheterizations.
- Preparation of patient for surgery, diagnostic tests, treatments, examinations.
- Administration of medications within scope of practice. Collects, labels and processes specimens accurately.
- Identification and set up of intravenous equipment and delivery of solutions for infusion through peripheral access devices .
- Administer blood or blood products, with special training.
- Reports pertinent observations, treatments, medications, incidents & accidents associated with patients, to the Registered Professional Nurse & records same on appropriate documents with the format of charting utilized in the unit.
- Recognizes the unit based model for delivery of nursing care & assumes responsibility for assignments delegated by the Registered Professional Nurse such as: Contributes to nursing care plan in collaboration with other members of nursing staff.
- Reinforces the patient/family teaching process identified by the RN.
- Provides emotional support to patients & their families/significant others.
- Assists with the rehabilitation of patients according to the nursing care plan.
- Provides for the physical comfort & safety of the patient.
- Contributes to patient care conferences.
- Assists in Emergency Resuscitative Procedures by initiating a Team 7000 call, performing resuscitative procedures such as BCLS & carrying out other activities as directed by the team. Documents nursing care delivered on appropriate forms within the medical record.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1+ year as Licensed Practical nurse preferred
- Licensed and currently registered or otherwise duly
authorized to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in New York State.
- BCLS/BLS certification required
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.