Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
PMO - Req #2434240
QA & Testing - IT Director
The Director of IT, Quality Assurance and Testing will oversee and coordinate the planning, design, execution and implementation of quality assurance activities, test planning and execution processes, including defect management, analytics, and test automation. The Director will be responsible for the quality implementation of project deliverables to support clinical, research and enterprise IT applications across the health system, as well as implementation and adherence to a QA standard.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage and plan work activities for a team of both employees and offshore contractors who are responsible for delivering various testing activities.
2. Provide oversight for QA involvement on various IT projects underway and planned using Waterfall and Agile development methodologies.
3. Collaborate with IT leaders to provide QA leadership for planning, developing and implementing information technology and process improvement initiatives across all areas of the organization.
4. Partner with business decision makers to ensure QA plan incorporates scoping, requirements and design of technology solutions and ongoing support is in alignment with needs.
5. Define testing risks and mitigation strategies and implement accordingly.
6. Define testing approaches and methods and ensure guidelines and quality assurance standards are followed and maintained.
7. Lead others in improving test strategy by recommending, developing, and implementing improvements to test plans and cases for future project reuse. Communicate and provide training on changes across the quality assurance organization.
8. Compile, analyze, and report testing metrics. Assist in implementing improvements to testing identified through analysis of testing metrics.
9. Collaborate directly with the IT leadership team to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions to business problems.
10. Effectively manage detailed resource plans, forecasts and expertise needs of internal and external resources; contribute to capital and operating budget planning process.
11. Actively seek and drive career development planning and seek learning opportunities while applying feedback from manager, peers and project team members.
12. Performs other related duties.
- 10 years of progressive information systems management experience. Preferably in health care.
- Working knowledge of IT QA and test automation best practices.
- Significant exposure to test management tools, test automation tools, systems management, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems, vendor management, including management of offshore/near shore resources with awareness of technology and related business trends.