Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Manages user support staff by communicating and leading the effort to create and maintain an effective and efficient support environment for researchers and clinicians; planning, monitoring, and appraising the state of the support environment; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing policies, and procedures.
- Manage development of end user requirements through direct interaction with researchers. Advocate for the users, and relay these requirements to the other team members.
- Develop and maintain milestones and timelines for support and data environment enhancements with feedback from researchers, clinicians, stakeholders and the Scientific Computing team. Be responsible for scheduling upgrades, communicating to users and facilitating user surveys other user-facing tasks. Coordinate with the Scientific Computing group and users for minimal downtime and disruption to the data environment. Ensure that tasks are completed on scope, schedule and budget.
- Maintain effectiveness and efficiency by delivering and supporting strategic plans for implementing a productive platform for researchers and clinicians.
- Recommend strategies, policies, and procedures for improved support and services by evaluating the results of user feedback, best practices, the expertise of other group members and outcomes. Identify problems; evaluate trends and anticipate requirements.
- Assist researchers and clinicians directly by helping to clarify their needs and set expectations for the data and software development delivery.
- Oversee all aspects of the support environment including: software and application testing, end user support, troubleshooting, ticket metrics, user survey results, usage and trends.
- Oversee user documentation and the website. Keep documentation and online training up to date.
- Manage the chargeback process including collecting usage, team time spent and invoicing. Follow up to ensure chargebacks are completed.
- Maintain areas of responsibility’s effectiveness and efficiency by reporting to upper management any performance or user concerns, defining problems or challenges and unique solutions to problems. Participates in short and long term planning.
- Ensure that staff adhere to compliance requirements of the department and/or organization and directs confirmation of this compliance be maintained in the employees files.
- Maintain knowledge of state-of-the art technical approaches for user support and data environments.
- Ensure user support and technical training for staff
- Oversee training sessions for both 1:1 and in a group for researchers and clinicians for our data products and services.
- Assist with the development of grants and papers. Present at national and international conferences and workshop.
- Performs other related duties
- M.S. in health science, public health, computer science or related field.
- 2 years in an academic research healthcare environment or its equivalent. Experience with healthcare data environments including electronic medical records.
- Effective experience as a researcher-focused partner and support person for PhD/MD researchers/clinician.
- Superior communication skills.
- Experience creating user surveys, writing documentation, training and other activities in support of researchers and clinicians.
- Experience working on grants and scientific papers. Experience managing people and projects.