Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Institute for Exposomic Research and ECHO Consortium at Mount Sinai is recruiting for a REDCap developer to support research programs under the institute and the consortium. This role will be responsible for REDCap installation, administration and new feature development/exploration. It includes:
- Supporting REDCap infrastructure: Configuration/installation of Linux (RedHat), MySQL, and PHP servers
- Actively engaged with REDCap consortium to learn all new features and participate in the design and development, wither locally or community-wide.
- Pilot new REDCap features, such as DDP, and adopt them to enhance our data capture efficiency.
- Develop and maintenance integrations of REDCap with other platforms, such as bioreposotory or EHR
- In depth understanding of application administration, data security controls and governance of EDC systems
- Deep understanding of tools such as APIs, hooks, plugins
- Understanding of REDCap audit trails, access controls and can help develop policies and procedures.
- Effective communication with teammates, faculty, researcher to capture their requirements.
- Monitor the performance and integrity of software applications.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s in Biological Science, Computer Science, Informatics, or a related discipline.
- Preferred Education: Master’s in Biological Science, Computer Science, Informatics, or a related discipline.
- Required Experience: At least two years of experience as REDCap administrator and developer. Good communication skill and team player.
- Technical skills: PHP; MySQL/Oracle/SQL, Linux server, Apache/Ngnix server, Windows server, ASP.NET/C# and/or JAVA programming. Version control (git preferred).
- Preferred Experience: At five years of experience in REDCap application management and development, familiar with clinical studies or biomedical researches. Understanding of Project Management, SDLC
- Excellent Oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of clinical data standards, and best practice.
- Knowledge of statistical tool data model.
- Knowledge of IRB, HIPAA, and privacy protection compliance standard.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.