Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Animal Facilities Supervisor manages the daily operations of the animal facility, works to expand and improve operations, and ensures that animal activities are in line with institutional research efforts.
- Manages the daily operations of the animal facility.
- Oversees all animal activities ensuring they are in line with research efforts.
- Manages planning and development for new animal facilities and expansion of current services.
- Prepares reports and keeps upper level management informed of progress and problems.
- Supervises veterinary technical staff to ensure that the staff is performing tasks professionally, responsibly and effectively.
- Promptly addresses insufficiencies among staff.
- Performs duties of vet techs as necessary to maintain efficient operations
- Education: Associate's degree, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience:7 years of related experience
- LATG required or equivalent education and experience
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.