Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for delivering outstanding enrollment services for the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS) and its students with a student-first service delivery model that effectively coordinates the needs of key stakeholders
- Supervise Admissions operations, Registrar, Bursar, Student Health Insurance program, Financial Aid and Disability Services
- Serve as the key liaison between the student body and Student Health Insurance and Housing
- Oversee the Institutional Research function to ensure regulatory reports are submitted accurately and on time
- Prepare and disseminate key statistical data that informs program opportunities and changes as well as institutional decision-making on admissions, enrollment, and financial aid
- Collaborate with Finance and Development personnel on policies and issues regarding financial aid, scholarships, and the Bursar’s Office
- Oversee enrollment policies and make recommendations for new policies and best practices as necessary
- Monitor and disseminate information regarding enrollment services related policy changes originating from all regulatory and accreditation bodies, including but not limited to the U.S. Department of Education, New York State Education Department and Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Partner with Academic Information Technology to evaluate and make recommendations for enhancing technology-based innovations and services; serve as the Business Owner in the evaluation, development, acquisition, and utilization of technology resources related to Enrollment Services
- Oversee the effective implementation, integration and maintenance of the student information system (EMPOWER) and ensure technology is effectively utilized to support policies and procedures in areas of responsibility
- Provide leadership and guidance in the marketing and recruitment efforts for educational programs in collaboration with program leadership and marketing personnel
- Maintain web content associated with Enrollment Services and the marketing of educational programs to ensure its accuracy and value
- Ensure the institutional and enrollment policies for all educational programs are organized properly and regularly updated
- Chair Campus Security Committee to ensure the safety of the student body and compliance with regulatory agencies
- Prepare and monitor the annual operating budget for Enrollment Services
- Promote and oversee continuous training and education for Enrollment Services personnel
- Participate in regional and national conferences as a representative of ISMMS
- Master’s degree required; PhD or EdD preferred
- 7-10 years of management experience in higher education administration
- Knowledge of and experience in enrollment planning strategies, recruitment/admission policies, procedures, and applicable regulations
- Knowledge of and experience in Financial Aid and Scholarship program planning, organization, and administration
- Knowledge of student information systems and other technology driven tools
- Advanced skills in data analysis and utilization
- Strong leadership, management, organizational, analytical, negotiation and conflict management skills
- Ability to provide innovative leadership in a dynamic environment and be able to work collaboratively with various constituent groups (e.g., faculty, administration, staff, students, external organizations, vendors)
- Knowledge of the accreditation and compliance environment in Higher Education
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.