Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Institute for Exposomic Research Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is seeking a Communications and Marketing Manager to design, implement, and manage communications and marketing efforts for the Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health. Our communications initiatives focus on the following departmental priorities: environmental health and exposomics, children’s environmental health, and occupational health.
The Communications and Marketing manager will play an integral role in helping elevate the visibility and strengthen the reputation of the Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health and its core entities: Institute for Exposomic Research, Children’s Environmental Health Center, Lautenberg Laboratory for Environmental Health Sciences, and the Selikoff Centers for Occupational Health.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop long-term and short-term communications and marketing objectives, strategies and production timelines
- Manage dynamic social media channels, campaigns and day to day activities
- Manage websites, working closely with the web team to ensure they are regularly updated
- Write engaging marketing content for donors, scientific communities, and layperson audiences for print materials such as newsletters, brochures, and advertisements
- Works with management, faculty, and staff to identify news opportunities to increase the visibility of the department and individual faculty
- Develop layouts and designs, working with vendors and internal services to publish, print, and distribute materials
- Coordinate specific marketing projects and special events for the department and represents the institution at events if applicable
- Coordinate with vendors and the department for various marketing initiatives
- Serves as liaison between Corporate Marketing and the Department to ensure compliance and adherence to style guides
- Oversee the review of all purchase orders, contract terms and conditions, pricing and proposal preparation and submission
- Write, edit, and proofread content as needed
- Perform other duties as required
- Education: Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, marketing, business or related field
- Experience: 2-3 years marketing, preferably in a healthcare setting
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.