Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Program Coordinator I is responsible for providing operational and programmatic support services to the Center for Interventional Cardiovascular Research and Clinical Trials. The Program provides a specific service or carries out specific activities as a separate entity or as a component program within a department, but is not a department itself. A Program is ongoing, but may have a business cycle.
- Maintains liaison with staff in other departments to coordinate program activities and training; to accomplish program objectives; and to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized as regards assigned project deliverables, publications, and onboarding of research fellows, scholars, interns and volunteers
- Assists in monitoring and evaluating program effectiveness; demonstrates continuous efforts to improve support operations and systems, to streamline work processes and to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the program as regards assigned project deliverables, publications, and onboarding of research fellows, scholars, interns and volunteers
- Provides assistance to research staff and the project management team in assigned areas to ensure program objectives and deliverables are accomplished and deadlines are met
- May coordinate and oversees grant related issues, reporting of program statistics and the implementation of data collection procedures
- Assists in administering program procedures and systems to research fellows, scholars, interns and volunteers. May ensure information is disseminated to research fellows, scholars, interns and volunteers regarding the research program and Mount Sinai Medical Center’s policies and procedures
- Assists in the planning, coordination and implementation of seminars, conferences and workshops. Recommends new ideas and concepts for program themes, materials and resources to supplement, expand or replace existing program components
- Assists the project management team as assigned to accomplish project objectives
- Performs other related duties
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute for the degree when the experiences are closely related to the duties of the job
- Experience: None required, 1 year of experience in project coordination preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.