Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department of Social Work (MSH) - Req Number: 2444030
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator (Health Home)
Mount Sinai Health Home (MSHH) is an integral part of Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP). MSHH is a NYS Department of Health (DOH) program designed to serve Medicaid/Medicaid Managed Care enrollees who have high-cost and complex chronic conditions. MSHH, a patient-centered program, is a care management service model which aims, through improved care coordination and service integration, to control future health care costs and improve health outcomes for this population. MSHH is has been serving adults since 2013, and the Mount Sinai Health Home serving children was designated in 2016. MSHH care management services are performed by internal social workers and care coordinators, as well as care managers from over 25 care management agencies (CMAs). Serving over 5,000 patients, these care managers are expected to ensure that patients “receive everything necessary to stay healthy, out of the emergency room, and out of the hospital.”
The Health Home Administrative Coordinator provides administrative and operational support to MSHH team through support for special projects, coordination of internal and external facing meetings and logistics, timely correspondence with network providers, tracking of deliverables, and timely coordination of referrals and patient inquires between stakeholders. The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for working across multiple IT systems to deliver timely service support for various Health Home stakeholders. Additional responsibilities include regular coverage of patient inquiry and referral management processes comprised of review, tracking and completion of all inquiries, alerts, referrals, and transfers for providers, Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), and Health Homes (HH) within state regulation and program timeframes. Incumbent works collaboratively with departments, plans, and other stakeholders to support operations.
This position will be based at 320 E. 94th Street, New York, NY 10128
• Supports administrative activities of the program including: regulatory /compliance standards; contracts management; contact list maintenance, and external relations to help ensure operational targets and reporting requirements are met or exceeded.
• Supports Quality Monitoring Program (QMP) activities including: deliverable tracking, document preparation and management, communications management through multiple technology applications.
• Coordinates and manages all training and meeting logistics; includes calendar management
• Fields and completes all types of HH inquiries and referral management from stakeholders in accordance with MSHH policy and NYSDOH required guidelines inclusive of:
o Tracking and coordinating external referrals and transfers.
o Timely monitoring and notification to provider(s) of MCO inpatient alerts
o Roster Maintenance: Facilitation of patient transfer requests in electronic platform between Health Homes and CMAs in our network.
o Triage of incoming correspondence, as appropriate, to members of HH leadership team and escalates as necessary.
o Timely response to email/telephone/faxes; follow-up/through as appropriate
• Maintains current contact lists and directories for network providers, MCOs, and HH counterparts.
• Attends and takes minutes for various HH meetings, as required.
• Promotes positive relationships with Mount Sinai Health Home, Mount Sinai Health Partners, and Mount Sinai Health System, as appropriate, in all external community and government settings.
• Works collaboratively across MSHS departments, MCOs, HHs, and MSHH provider network to complete inquiries.
• Participates in special projects and performs other duties as needed.
• Experience in innovative programs with complex operational and regulatory requirements preferred.
• Exceptional organizational, collaborative, communication and presentation skills.
• Strong computer literacy: knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, electronic medical record documentation and reporting and ability to learn additional technology systems; advanced Excel skills strongly preferred
• Ability to analyze complex data related to patients and program components and develop ideas for implementing programmatic change.
• Strong interest in being part of an innovative initiative to improve the quality and cost of care.
• Exceptional customer service skills; ability to compassionately interact with patients and their families to appropriately process referrals and inquires
• 5+ years related administrative or business experience
Strength Through Diversity