Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Bioinformatician I manages and organizes large databases, and conducts statistical and genomic analysis. Uses software to gather, store, manipulate and analyzes research data.
The Bioinformatician I will work with a group of researchers/biologists on innovative genomic analyses of structural variation, epigenetics, and gene expression in an integrated environment combining experimental and bioinformatic approaches to human disease. The individual will support research projects by delivering bioinformatics services for bio-medical data from cutting-edge genomic technologies.
The ideal candidate will have strong statistical and programming proficiencies with proven expertise in genomic analysis.
- Writes custom scripts for analysis of genomic data derived from high-throughput techniques
- Designs and implements bioinformatics tools and processes in order to analyze large scale datasets
- Identifies and resolves technical issues and proposes upgrades to current software
- Develop projects and work independently on a variety of bioinformatics analysis projects
- Manages databases, conducts statistical and genomic analysis, and participates in the preparation of manuscripts and presentations
- May be involved in sequence and structural analysis, data mining, or statistical modeling
- May collaborate with wet-bench biologists and work independently to analyze data derived from several types of projects using microarrays and high-throughput sequencing
- May conduct analysis of microarray and high-throughput sequencing data, genome sequence analysis, experimental design and statistical analysis
- May give presentations both inside and outside of the institution
- Other related duties as assigned
- Education: B.S. in Biological Sciences, Bioinformatics, Computer Sciences, Statistics or related discipline. M.S. preferred
- Experience: 2 years’ experience required
- General Skills: Good organization and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to productively work as a member of a team. Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.