Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Req # - 2444576
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Information Technology Specialist II consults with business partners to define requirements and develop solution alternatives and estimates, translating client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for IT solutions and integrating architecture. Project Scope: Complex projects or multiple projects of moderate complexity with project budgets up to $25M involving multiple sites or up to 10 interdependent work tracks.
Duties and Responsibilities
(in order of importance and/or frequency)
1. Participates in integrated systems planning and recommends alternative technologies that will enhance current or anticipated information systems that support overall business goals.
2. Participates and/or leads the review and design concepts for new systems and develops and documents the technical design for the integration and implementation.
3. Coordinates the development of comprehensive and strategic business cases with cost, service and benefit dimensions of proposed projects that are used at management and executive levels for funding and scope decisions.
4. Plans, coordinates and conducts the analysis of client business processes and functional requirements and the preparation of appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
5. Independently initiates, identifies and coordinates the analysis of complex client needs in project areas such as new business operating models, innovative approaches to IT solutions support, market research or available product functionality and operational readiness assessment.
6. Participates in the leadership of cross-functional and/or cross-divisional task forces to indentify and document functional requirements, workflow, information sources and system specifications.
7. Develops the analysis and definition of efficient, cost effective solutions that support client business processes, functional requirements and resource costs, including evaluation of existing applications and alternative uses of technology.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline; Master’s degree preferred
Ten years of related experience, In -depth knowledge of associated technology areas that could impact area of responsibility; healthcare technology experience preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical concepts into understandable terms, tailor communication to audience, mediate and facilitate communications between others, and communicate architecture to all levels of management and customers. Ability to gain buy-in from stakeholders to resolve significant architecture issues.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.