The Mount Sinai Health System
Mount Sinai is one of the largest health systems in the U.S. with a strong reputation for quality of care (18th ranked academic medical center) and research/education (18th ranked medical school). We have ~40,000 employees working together each year to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care for millions of patients.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health and customer value. Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP) is the team driving this transformation within Mount Sinai, 400+ people with expertise in clinical, contracting, finance, IT, analytics, operations, and product development. MSHP is a fast growing business unit within Mount Sinai and is looking for team members who:
· Are comfortable “playing up” and “playing down” as needed to accomplish business objectives
· Work productively amidst ambiguity
· Thrive in fast-paced work environment
· Seek to improve the status quo
Within MSHP, the Commercialization Team was created to assemble Mount Sinai's clinical and population health assets into product offerings (e.g., care bundles, worksite health centers, insurance products in partnership with health plans), and sell them to individuals and employers via multiple channels . We are looking for talented professionals to join this team with experience in strategy, product management, operations, sales and account management. We want people who are passionate about developing a true system of care that can create market-leading value for our customers, members and patients.
Healthcare as we know it is broken – it’s fragmented, expensive, and error-prone, and the healthcare system has historically set a low bar for customer service, earning itself some of the lowest customer satisfaction scores of any industry. Healthcare is the only industry that leaves it up to the consumer to organize the system with limited information to make an informed decision.
We want to change all that. To earn the consumer’s trust and empower them in their own health, we need to build a support system made to serve and help them. We are launching a Member Services Team with the goal of organizing a chaotic health care environment for the patient and consumer.
Come join a group of smart, passionate individuals who are working directly with health care purchasers to design customized, high-value product offerings (see above). Each of these product offerings will have a high touch, end-to-end customer service experience delivered by the Member Services Team. We are looking for the Member Services Lead to join our Commercialization Team, to lead the Member Services team in delivering a customer and patient experience that is highly efficient, effective, and a best-in-class experience.
In this role, you will own the execution and ongoing management of this new service offering, supporting patients regardless of their care needs with a “do whatever it takes” service ethos. All member service staff will report to this role and any third party vendors performing steps in the member service process will take direction from the lead. In addition, the Member Services Lead will collaborate with our product team to continuously refine our service offering.
The ideal candidate is experienced at creating delightful experiences with consumers, while managing them for optimal efficiency. He/she is comfortable working cross-functionally across different areas of an organization, as well as with external partners. Notably, we are building out this service not just to work inside our health system, but also to be able to offer navigation services to employers with employees in the broader New York Metro area as well as nationally. The Member Services Lead will therefore also be asked to build and operationalize Member Services from Day 1 such that we can offer our services nationally by “docking in” to other health systems, vendors, etc.
The Member Services Lead is a highly visible role with significant opportunities to lead change and engage with senior leadership across the Mount Sinai Health System.
· Own operations and execution of member service delivery, ensuring customer SLAs and internal efficiency metrics are met
· Track and manage patient/customer service to achieve market-defining Net Promoter Scores and Service Level Agreements
· Build and lead an exceptional customer experience team, including hiring, training and ongoing management
· Oversee third parties (teams within Mount Sinai and externally) who are involved in the service delivery experience
· Collaborate with product development team to ensure that our solutions are continuously improving to meet customer needs
· Gather and analyze front line, patient, and customer feedback to inform operations and incorporate into day-to-day operations and governance process
· Collaborate with sales team including engaging with our clients directly as we ideate and implement solutions that meet their needs
Partnership & Referral Network Management
· Oversee partnerships for both regional and national deployment, inclusive of different health systems, providers technology, and/or services vendors
· Manage curation of health system referral network to ensure high level of service and quality care delivery
· Ownership of internal and external governance process
We could see a few different archetypes being successful in this role, and thus remain open to different profiles: someone who has excelled at leading customer service teams with minimal health care experience, someone with a clinical background that has strong business building experience, and/or demonstrated success in “athlete profiles” across multiple functional areas would be considered.
· Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
· 10+ years of professional experience
· Strong communication, presentation, and reporting skills
· Self-motivated team player
· Passion for health care as evidenced by academic or personal pursuits and professional experience
· Ability to operate simultaneously in an entrepreneurial environment while also managing multiple stakeholders inside a large organization
· Experience in a fast paced, corporate environment
· Experience in a leading health care concierge services serving the employees of large employers; in a role with front line member service experience
· Experience in a Fortune-500 consumer brand, leading a team that delivered market leading service as measured by consumer net promoter score
· Experience with a leading management consulting firm, a leading health care services firms, and/or a high-growth/scaled startup (retail or health care) preferred
· Experience building and running call center operations focused on a high customer experience