Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Intern of Corporate Compliance is responsible for supporting the Sr. Director and SVP/Chief Compliance Officer with the implementation and oversight of a comprehensive Compliance Program for the Mount Sinai Health System, which includes seven system hospitals and a medical school. The Intern will work directly with the Sr. Director and Managers of Corporate Compliance, and will participate in meetings and projects geared towards mitigating compliance risk factors while upholding the Mount Sinai Culture of Compliance. The Intern will also work with members of Compliance leadership in presenting results in a structured format (e.g., written report) to the Senior Vice President of Compliance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assumes responsibility for assigned projects in a professional manner and in accordance with operating standards and established time frames, as required.
* Prepares appropriate and comprehensive work papers and reports, conducts research and analysis.
* Ensures that the quality and scope of all projects meets the standards as established by the Senior Vice President of Compliance and Chief Compliance Officer.
* Maintains detailed and organized workpapers and documentation to support activities and related work.
* Works on multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring completion of assignments within established time frames.
* Uses a collaborative and consultative, “service-oriented” approach in assigned tasks and all dealings with Health System personnel.
* Ensures projects are completed with high integrity and a commitment to excellence.
* College Degree (Major in Business Administration, Finance, Health Sciences preferred)
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, written and analytical skills are required.
* Must be flexible, innovative and creative, with a high energy level.
* Must be able to work productively in a team-structured environment in a collaborative manner.
* Must show initiative and the ability to accomplish work independently with minimal supervision.
* Extensive computer skills are essential including computer automated applications (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties of personnel so classified
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.