Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Education Program/Front Desk Assistant is the initial point of contact in the Department of Medical Education office. This position helps to ensure that visitors and callers have a positive experience during their interaction with the department. The successful candidate will be friendly and welcoming, yet able to maintain an orderly office setting and be aware of all departmental events.
• Procures a deep understanding of the department and institution’s organizational structure in order to greet and direct visitors appropriately
• Answers phones, screens and directs callers
• Procures a deep understanding of the application process for foreign and domestic visiting students in order to assist with a very high volume of incoming inquiry/application follow- up calls.
• Responds to inquiries and correspondence from internal and external entities
• Manages registrar’s email and responds to student and alumni inquiries. Forwards email directly to the appropriate person if necessary.
• Works directly with the Registrar’s Office to process all incoming document requests from all MD and Grad School students both current and Alumni. (this role requires amassing in depth knowledge of various state board licensure requirements)
• Schedules and maintains calendar for the Department of Medical Education conference room.
• Assists in the maintenance of student records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, coding, updating and destruction
• Maintain electronic records of all processed documents
• Supports and participates in all educational events, including orientation, graduation, and various student affairs events
• Distributes check and expense reimbursements
• Assists Associate Director of Academic Administration with projects
• Backup to the Executive Assistant to the Deans
• Performs other related duties
• Associate's Degree with minimum two years of Administrative Experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Friendly demeanor
• Excellent organizational skills
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
• Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.