Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Serves as the reimbursement and revenue cycle analyst for CBO management. This position is critical in analyzing the reimbursement rates and performing financial analysis specific to revenue cycle management for assigned departments. The Reimbursement Analyst is responsible for revenue related ventures as well as proffer analytical services to underperforming practices at the direction of CBO management. Ensures that reimbursement procedures adhere to regulations and to payers’ operating procedures
- Manages analysis and validation of key revenue cycle metrics and related reimbursement. Analyzes rates and coding methods of each assigned practice to ensure that the practice is accurately reimbursed for services provided
- Monitors reimbursement performance of assigned practices. Identifies and researches solutions to specific reimbursement issues
- Collaborates with CBO management, department administrators and Billing Managers in relationship-building and works to achieve a high degree of client satisfaction
- Performs analyses to identify reimbursement trends, as well as address specific revenue cycle questions. Provides information regarding frequently asked reimbursement questions to practice billing staff
- Monitors financial and operational performance of commercial payers while developing payer report cards to monitor accuracy and timeliness of payments and the overall performance of each payer
- Oversees the CBO bad debt operation while working with FPA I.T. to automate the process
- Manages and monitors collection agency activity and provides CBO management with recommendations for agency review or consolidation
- Works with coding and billing managers to develop processes to streamline the revenue cycle and enhance reimbursement
- Participates in various CBO projects and handles reimbursement-specific initiatives as the project lead
- Researches payer policies and communicates to key personnel of any policy changes
- Relevant duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelors degree; Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related
Experience: 3 years experience, preferably in health care billing and reimbursement or related. Working knowledge of revenue cycle management in a health care setting required
- Microsoft Office: Excel (advanced); Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project (working knowledge)
- Advanced knowledge of IDX (and e-Commerce)
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.