Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Revenue Cycle Specialist – Surgery, 2448284
The Revenue Cycle Analyst is responsible for providing strong analytic assessments, reporting and operational support on all aspects of revenue cycle operations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement procedures to decrease future errors to maximize efficiency
- Monitor ongoing performance of Revenue Cycle results through use of key operating indicators (KOI)
- Review patterns to identify trends and variances to maximize collections and reduce recurring billing errors
- Identify revenue cycle trends to determine root causes and potential improvement opportunities.
- Develop and implement policies and best practices associated with operations, billing, collection, patient access and other workflows to improve revenue cycle performance
- Meets with Physicians regarding revenue cycle reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Associates Degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Coding certificate/licensure preferred
- Experience: 2 years of experience in medical practice/outpatient coding and /or medical practice business office or patient accounts experience is preferred
- General Skills: Understanding of CPTs, HCPCS, APCs, DRGs and OPPS required
- Must have strong understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and third party payor rules and regulations and thorough knowledge of UB-92 data element requirements
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to
work independently and on a team.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.