Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai seeks an Assistant Director of Prospect Research who is responsible for prospect research and identification to develop the prospect pipeline. Mount Sinai’s Office of Development works to raise funds and engage donors in support of the Health System’s mission and strategic priorities. We are currently in a $2B capital campaign.
As part of a team of seven, the Assistant Director will manage various projects with focus on collaboration with external teams, as well as conduct prospect research of various levels, assist with portfolio coding, and provide support to the Prospect Strategy and Management team. This position reports to the Senior Director of Prospect Research.
The ideal candidate enjoys project and information management, is technologically savvy and detail-oriented, has an inquisitive mind, strong analytical and communication skills, and is a willing and positive team player.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage the research portion of special events throughout the year from providing strategy and focus to invitation lists, coordinating timelines and deliverables with the events and other related teams, and managing the final event research report.
- Work with a team of gift officers, managing their prospect identification and research for the service line. Partner with the Prospect Strategy and Management team and other fundraising colleagues on portfolio updates and maintenance.
- Partner with the Development Data team on research-related reports and metrics, and play an active role in the physician/prospect screening process.
- Verify high-level capacity ratings on wealth-screened lists using research resources such as WealthEngine and LexisNexis. Provide notes and analysis of key findings.
- Complete research profiles on potential and current donors to MSHS.
- Other projects and activities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, Advanced degree a plus
- 4-5 years’ experience in development or development research or a related field such as library sciences, academic research, financial analysis, law/paralegal, or similar professional role with an emphasis on data/information a plus
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Experience with development research tools and resources (LexisNexis) required.
- Raiser's Edge (including Raiser’s Edge NXT) experience is a plus. Knowledge of Tableau or any comparable data visualization tool is also a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organization, communication/writing and time management skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and flexibly across all teams, including those that work for hospital leadership.
- Must understand information management in a database structure, particularly the ability to store, retrieve, analyze, and maintain data.
- Must be committed to protecting the confidentiality of our constituency, and to collecting information ethically.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.