Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
We are seeking a Senior Scientist to provide scientific and technical leadership in the management, design and execution of the Neuropathology Brain Bank & Research Core. With a broad range of skills and experience, this individual will oversee a broad range of neurohistology and pathology projects. They will supervise core staff, manage laboratory resources, maintain/curate tissue collections, and be responsible for outreach and interfacing with the Mount Sinai clinical and research community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and conducts a range of complex neurohistological research studies and establish workflows
- Analyzes and interprets histological data from research studies
- Coordinates seminars and discussions for teaching and dissemination of knowledge about core resources
- Develops new proposals to obtain support for new activities
- Supervise research coordinators, administrators and histotechnologists
- Maintain tissue collections, digital images and research database
- Performs other related duties (including strategic planning, project tracking, budgeting, accounting, administration, etc)
- Doctorate degree (PhD) in sciences or related field
- Minimum five years of experience with scientific investigation
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.