Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Patient Financial Services - Req. 2449630
Job Title: Ambulatory Accounts Analyst
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Ambulatory Accounts Analyst will collect, analyze and report on data within the Patient Accounting System(s). Review specific cases, research accounts, prepare reconciliations, track any requested data and work on various correspondence.
- Reconcile daily lockbox correspondence.
- Sort and distribute mail/correspondence.
- Process patient and cash receipts payments.
- Research any mail/correspondence received that cannot be initially identified.
- Request medical records.
- Correspondence is worked based on dollar thresholds worked internally. Correspondence received on accounts within the thresholds, account is noted and correspondence is scanned. Correspondence is received on accounts below the thresholds, account is noted and worked (re-billed, denial posted, medical records requested and reclassified) as required.
- Prepares refund requests as needed.
- Handles specialty services e.g. dialysis, hemophilia.
- Prepares weekly excel spreadsheets.
- Makes accounts receivable adjustments.
- Work required TRAC Billing WIP deficiencies.
- Work all assigned listings from Patient Accounts System.
- Review accounts through various third party websites.
- Coordinate with outside party’s for account validation.
- Communicate and work with inter/intra departments.
- Attend seminars and workshops as required.
- Ability to adapt to any new systems implemented.
- Work with two scanning systems.
- All other assignments assigned by the manger and/or director.
- High School or GED
- Medical/hospital accounts receivable experience helpful. Accounts receivable knowledge (hospital/third party).
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.