Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Grant Writer- 2450226
The Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center (MSAHC), the most established, expert, largest and most comprehensive young people’s health center in the U.S., is expanding its services locally and its influence strategy nationally as part of an ambitious strategic plan. MSAHC has a very successful record of fundraising through philanthropy. At this time we want to expand our grant base to support service innovation and demonstration projects. We seek an experienced grant writer to conduct ongoing prospect research, create 20—30 new compelling, outcomes-driven grant proposals, and report on and monitor a portfolio of service grants, both government and private. The candidate should demonstrate experience in successfully applying to government grantors at the federal, state, and city levels, foundations and corporations, for grants related to clinical services, service innovation, demonstration projects, evaluation, and cost-benefit studies.
· Analyze government RFP opportunities, summarize key findings, and consult with senior leadership team to determine agency fit
· Develop, write, and assemble funding applications to city, state, and federal agencies. Use excellent discretion and independent judgement in presenting program content and outcomes
· Work closely with program, evaluation, and fiscal staff to develop narrative content and proposal budgets
· Attend bidder’s conferences and technical assistance workshops for government RFPs
· Meet with staff across MSAHC and at our school based health centers as needed and gather information for proposal development
· Conduct research on reproductive health, primary healthcare, mental health and social service related issues and integrate findings, including statistics, program models, and trends, into work product
· In collaboration with the MSAHC Finance Team, manage the renewal and re-application process for existing grants to ensure continuing funding
Grant Monitoring and Reporting
· Manage reporting requirements for MSAHC grants to ensure timely compliance with contract requirements
· Ensures that all internal and final deadlines are met and proposal components are being addressed by program staff
· Maintain a complete and thorough understanding of reports required for each grant/fund, coordinate and/or prepare MSAHC based grant/fund report writing in collaboration with senior leadership, program directors, grants management department and finance
· Conduct research on prospective government, corporation, and foundation donors
· Other duties as assigned
· BA/BS required
· MA, MS, or equivalent experience strongly preferred
· Proven experience in successful grant writing for federal, state, city and large foundation grants
· Superior writing and technical writing skills
· Strong online research skills
· Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills
· Ability to manage time efficiently and adjust for the unexpected
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and confidence interacting with a variety of constituents, including physician-scientists and other staff
· Ability to exercise independent judgement
· Resilience, motivation, willingness to learn, unafraid to ask questions
· Creativity and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment
· Experience in health-care writing
· Experience leading teams and workgroups a plus
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.