Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsible for coordinating the patient’s visit
to rehabilitation services. Responsibilities include scheduling patient
appointments, facilitating transportation, registering patients,
pre-certification of coverage, collection of co-pays and self-pays, and data
entry. Maintains and manages patient medical records, and provides general
office and phone support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Greets, signs in and directs patients and visitors to appropriate area.
2. Schedules all patient appointments and registers patient in system.
3. Distributes and collects intake forms provided to patient on initial visits. Ensures all registration information is complete.
4. Checks all patients in and out in Cerner.
5. Liaison with Transportation Office to assist patient with ambulette services.
6. Answers telephones and routes calls to appropriate parties. Responds to inquiries regarding schedules, insurance, registration etc.
7. Collects co-pays and self-pays.
8. Verifies insurance eligibility for patients. Responds to inquiries regarding insurance and billing issues.
9. Assists with managed care pre-certification and re-authorizations
10. Collects and distributes mail.
11. Provides clerical support to Administrative Manager as needed.
12. Photocopies, types and scans documents into patient’s medical record.
13. Performs other related duties.
High School graduate or equivalent.
Minimum one year clerical experience in health care environment preferred.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.