Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Mount Sinai is one of the largest non-profit
health systems in the U.S., with a strong reputation and Top 20 national
ranking for quality of care and research/education. Our health system has
~40,000 employees working together to provide billions of dollars in
high-quality care for millions of patients each year.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health management – our goal is to keep entire communities healthy and out of the hospital. Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP) is the team driving this transformation within Mount Sinai. The team includes 400+ employees with clinical, contracting, finance, IT, analytics, operations, and product development expertise.
MSHP is a fast growing business unit within Mount Sinai and is looking for team members who:
• Are comfortable “playing up” and “playing down” as needed to accomplish business objectives
• Work productively amidst ambiguity
• Thrive in fast-paced work environments
• Seek to improve the status quo
Within MSHP, the Commercialization Team was created to assemble Mount Sinai's clinical and population health assets into product offerings (e.g., care bundles, worksite health centers, insurance products in partnership with health plans), and sell them to individuals and plan sponsors via multiple channels (e.g., direct to employer, strategic health plan partnerships). We are looking for talented strategists, product managers, operators, sales, and account management professionals for the Commercialization Team that are passionate about developing a true system of care that can create market-leading value for our customers, members, and patients.
Each of these new product offerings will have important population health features including: (1) value-based pricing (2) a curated network of high-value physicians (3) optimized care pathways and related programs, and (4) an enhanced patient experience. For worksite health centers, MSHP builds a primary and urgent care practice right at the employer’s worksite where traditional fee-for-service payments are replaced by a value-based alternative that enables the clinician to spend more time with the patient. For care bundles, MSHP accepts a fixed-price for an episode of care provided by a curated network of high-value physicians with new care pathways to ensure holistic and consistent care. For insurance products, MSHP partners with like-minded insurers to wrap a health plan around our clinically-integrated network of physicians, hospitals, and other providers. The goal of each product is to increase the value for employers and their employees, mitigating the effects of the affordability crisis.
The health care system has historically set a low bar for customer service and treating patients like consumers – earning itself some of the lowest customer satisfaction and Net Promoter Scores of any industry as a result. We want to change all that. To earn the consumer’s trust and empower them in their own health, we are building a set of clinical and non-clinical services that empower patients and acknowledge them as a customer in the process.
The Worksite Lead will drive our business providing preventive, primary, and urgent care at or near employer’s offices. Capitalizing and building upon our early customers, the Lead will be expected to scale and refine our offering to the purchaser, including large employers, labor unions and consumers. The Worksite Lead will guide MSHP decisions on the strategy, development and commercialization of our offering. The Worksite Lead is a highly visible role with significant opportunities to engage with executive leaders of Mount Sinai, employer customers, and other key market stakeholders from across the region and the U.S.
• Lead activities related to commercializing products, including creating the business plans and then executing on all components of them, in collaboration with our Customers, Operations, and other internal and external stakeholders and teams.
• Lead the development of new product features, reducing high-level ideas to detailed use cases and requirements. Partner with technology and operations teams throughout Mount Sinai and potentially external partners to develop the products on budget and on time in an agile, iterative software and service development process.
• Lead process through pilot of any worksite product or service offering, to ensure the design and development of any offering is successful with our first customer, but also using measurable pilot results to drive a go/no go decision on broader market launch and scale of any particular offering.
• Lead the monitoring of product performance over time via measuring and analyzing key outcome metrics during product pilots and general usage, developing information-driven recommendations for new product features and product re-positioning.
Product Business Cases
• Analyze market intelligence to develop and continuously update business cases for each product category. Each case will include a financial forecast of revenue and contribution margin and recommend actions including: sizing investments required for and viability of new product launches, prioritizing product investment decisions, and build/buy/partner decisions.
Market Intelligence Research
• Lead ongoing positioning of products via thorough ongoing research of the addressable market, competitor offerings, and government regulations. Such research will include focus groups and surveys with employers and consumers, as well as analysis of third-party data. Data obtained from these sources will be analyzed to size and characterize customer needs, competitor strengths and weakness to identify and quantify risks and opportunities.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree; MBA preferred
• Minimum of 10+ years of professional experience in the health care industry
• Experience developing and executing on business cases for new strategies or products
• Ability to operate simultaneously in an entrepreneurial environment, while also managing multiple stakeholders inside a large organization
• Experience with leading management consulting firm(s), leading health care services firms, and/or high-growth/scaled health care startups preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.