Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The E-resources and Cataloging Librarian will participate in the ongoing coordination and management of the library’s e-resources, catalog, and discovery system.
Technical Service Responsibilities:
• Manages and maintains timely access to all digital library resources including subscription databases, e-books, e-journals, full-text article links, and other e-resources.
• Responsible for cataloging of both print and e-resources.
• Serves as administrator of the integrated library system, OCLC’s World Share.
• Applies knowledge of best practices for discoverability of library resources to improve tools and workflows.
• Delivers high-level customer service, including answering questions, recommending resources, and assisting with reference inquiries.
• Continually seeks new ways to improve efficiency and customer service.
• Special projects in support of library services on an as-needed basis.
MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited program required
• Strong customer service orientation
• Proficient written and spoken communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Demonstrated aptitude for teaching
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Working knowledge of integrated library systems, link resolvers, discovery systems, and other related resource management services.
• Knowledge of NLM cataloging and classification standards.
• Skills in developing, implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures, and workflows.
• Skills in utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting.
• Demonstrated commitment to service for students, staff and faculty and willingness to actively collaborate with colleagues in the Library and across the campus community.
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to quickly learn new skills.
• Ability to work well in collaborative, team-based environment.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.