Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
procedures, assists in the coordinator of patient flow into and out of x-ray
area, insures supplies are available, responsible for daily maintenance of
equipment and organization of x-ray films. Utilizes PACS system to process
films, responsible for registering x-ray studies and patients in PACS and
entering the system at completion of the study so billing can be performed.
Provides Medical Assistant clinical office support to Physicians & Surgeons
and performs patient care and administrative duties necessary to deliver
quality patient care
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs diagnostic radiologic services by operating imaging equipment, operating other equipment/devices as appropriate, positioning patients, immobilizing patients as necessary, calculating exposure factors, practicing radiation protection, evaluating radiographs for technical quality, assuming care for physical and psychological needs of patients during examinations and procedures, assisting physicians with imaging procedures
- Maintains patients’ x-ray imaging and coping as requested
- Performs clerical duties related to administrative activities of clinical x-ray area
- Assumes full responsibility for assigned area
- Assumes responsibility for x-ray portion of quality assurance and complies with all federal and state regulations and maintains daily equipment maintenance records
- Schedules vacation time and arranges for appropriate coverage of area so clinical activity is not compromised
- Pursues on-going CME
Medical Assistant- Responsibilities
- Provides clinical office support to Physicians & Surgeons and performs patient care and administrative duties necessary to deliver quality patient care
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned which may include: checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room, assisting patients as needed with walking, transferring, dressing
- Collecting and processing specimens and point of care testing, preparing for exam, etc. Assists physicians with various procedures, takes vital signs, relays instructions to patients and or families; answers calls and provides pertinent information
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned which may include: sending and receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc. Completing forms and requisitions as needed
- Managing charts to ensure information is completed and filed appropriately. These responsibilities may be carried out using the electronic medical record (EMR) system or manually as necessary
- Enters orders into the electronic medical record (EMR) system or prepares prescription refill requests on behalf of the physician for the review and approval by the ordering physician
- Inventories, orders or re-stocks medical supplies as applicable
- Provides set-up of examination room and instruments in accordance with proper sterilization techniques established by hospital and infection control policies
- Maintains logging system as required for refrigeration of medications, point of care testing, sterilization process, crash cart, point of care testing or others as needed
- Checks expiration dates on all medications and medical supplies disposing appropriately as per institution policy
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complies with legal regulations
- Complies with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infections body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation and other hazardous substances
- Assists in the maintenance of medical charts (filing, Op Reports, test results, home care forms)
- Required to perform proficient phlebotomy duties
- Education: Graduate of an AMA approved radiography program
- Certification as a Medical Assistant from an approved school or equivalent training and experience. 2 years or more experience as a Medical Assistant/High School Diploma/GED
- Licenses: Radiologic Technologist
- Two to five years experiences taking radiographs (ARRT)
- Equivalent training and experience. 2 years or more experience as a Medical Assistant
- Must work independently while maintaining confidentiality
- Possession of tactfulness, good judgment, attention to detail and guest relations essential
- Works independently
but in coordination with physicians, medical assistants and all other staff in
the Urgent Care site
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.