Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Senior Quality Assurance Manager
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Senior Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for producing and performing quality assurance testing on all external facing websites managed by Digital Marketing. Involved in production and quality assurance testing of new templates, components, and features to ensure optimized usability, performance, and a valuable user experience. Establishes content management processes and best practices in order to improve ease and efficiency of creating web pages.
- Conducts comprehensive quality assurance testing of new templates, components, and features to verify functionality and design according to specifications and requirements across multiple browser platforms, operating systems, and devices in different testing environments
- Reports bugs by documenting issues with screenshots and a description of affected functionality, inconsistencies or deviations from expected behavior, and error messages encountered
- Works closely with developers to address and validate testing on bugs or issues identified during QA, tracks progress of fixes towards resolution, and escalates appropriately based on production priorities/deadlines and deployment schedules
- Creates functional and regression test case scenarios for templates, components, and other site features, including accessibility
- Oversees automated testing process, including creation of new scripts and maintenance of existing ones.
- Assists Production Manager with code deployment timelines, testing plans, and assignments.
- Identifies areas of improvements including functionality refinements and feature enhancements to better meet user expectations in order to optimize usability, performance, and ensure a quality user experience
- Evaluates configuration of new templates and components and provides feedback/direction on how to improve ease and efficiency of content management
- Establishes and defines new content management processes and best practices and authors corresponding documentation
- Responsible for high-priority, high-visibility initial builds and is a point-person for creating content using new templates and components
- Manages 1 or more individuals in relation to QA activities.
· Keeps abreast of the best practices in QA, web page design, usability and content development.
· Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science or related field preferred).
- 3+ years of experience in QA testing with strong understanding of QA testing and code deployment processes
- 5+ years of experience in web design, editing and content management and working as part of a team
- Enterprise content management system experience (e.g. Drupal, Joomla) – Advanced. Vignette/OWEM a plus.
- MS Office Suite – Intermediate
- Adobe Creative Suite – Intermediate
- Ranorex, TestRail, BrowserStack, or similar testing tools - Intermediate
- Jira (or similar task management system) - Intermediate
- A written test and QA exercise will need to be successfully completed by candidates
- Ability to think critically and problem solve with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and work on simultaneous multiple complex assignments with ongoing deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a sense of perspective
- Demonstrated ability to write technical documentation
- Strong communication skills and an ability to articulate to and work with developers
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.