Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Academic Administration, and working in alignment with the institutional informatics and technology group, the Manager of Technology and Learning Environments will provide leadership and support in assisting the Department of Medical Education office to further its integration of technology systems and services. The Manager will work closely with the Curriculum, Student Affairs and Academic Administration teams to integrate technology into the medical education and administrative programming. The Manager will ensure that our departmental technology and platforms are aligned with the medical school’s overall technology mission, and will work in collaboration with the Academic Information Technology team to ensure optimal alignment of service management systems and best practices.
• Working with institutional technology partners, create and implement a technology support plan for the Department of Medical Education
• Champion the use of technology to enhance the efficiency of operational and educational programming
• Define and execute quality assurance and unit testing procedures to ensure high quality solutions
• Develop systems that address efficiency/effectiveness and leads initiatives to improve operations utilizing technology
• Oversee all technology used by the Department of Medical Education for operations, education, programming and institutional interface
• Interface with vendors and lead technical evaluations when necessary
• Work closely in developing ITIL based systems and process
• Monitor applications and/or systems efficiency/effectiveness, conduct initiatives to improve systems operation, availability, cost, performance and manageability across the lifecycle
• Create, communicate, and manage project plans and other required project documentation and provide updates as necessary
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience implementing and leading technology-enhanced learning programs
- Project Management Profession (PMP) training preferred
- Experience working within an educational environment
- Experience in working with clients to assist in the adoption and implementation of new technologies
- Ability to design, develop and deliver products that uses a range of technology
- Ability to set goals, prioritize work, develop and implement project plans and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Possess the ability to work with staff from all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent ability to multi-task, keeping priorities aligned
- Excellent customer service and support skills.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.