Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist stakeholders in developing specifications for data capture and reporting software.
- Analyze user requirements and envision system features and functionality.
- Plan, design, implement, troubleshoot and maintain software applications. Set expectations on features and priorities throughout the development life cycle.
- Work with agile development methodology, by coordinating requirements, schedules and other activities, and to communicate them to a team of clinical administrative staff. Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Design and conduct tests for the software.
- Follow best practices for software development which include documenting business rules, processes and procedures underpinning the applications being developed through flowcharts and diagrams.
- Enhance organization by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Resolve conflicting requirements by proposing alternatives.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Three years of experience in systems programming, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Experience should include specifically C#, ASP.NET, and SQL.
- Some experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Git, Classic ASP, and VBScript preferred.
- Must be able to manage evolving needs for growing database.
- Must have experience and ability to create and maintain complex software clearly.
- Must be flexible in considering technology options (tools, methods, programming languages).
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) savings plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.