Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Responsible for the proper billing, payment and charge posting of all billable physician-patient encounters. Ensures all targets related to net, gross, days in accounts receivable, rejects and edits are met. Ensures all compliance and regulatory guidelines are adhered to and produces financial and billing reports to monitor billing. Provides daily, weekly and monthly tracking reports to management or supervisor. Oversees billing staff and ensures proper training and processing in accordance to institutional and billing policies
- Develops, implements and monitors operational practices that maintain compliance with Mount Sinai policies, external regulations and audits recommendation while remaining within budgeted resources
- Hires, trains, coaches, disciplines and evaluates staff to ensure smooth operation and to maintain a high level of patient satisfaction and adherence to financial targets
- Maintains the privacy and confidentiality of information and adheres to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Oversees billing staff responsible for billing functions and ensures that net, gross, collections, accounts receivable, edits and reject targets met and monitored on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Tracks progress and submits reports to Supervisor on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Submits trend issues to Supervisor on a weekly basis
- Develops, implements and evaluates performance indicators for staff members. Identifies additional training needs and monitors performance against established indicators. Participates in grievance meetings as required
- Reviews internal controls to ensure proper billing of services within established time frames and guidelines. Develops production schedules to ensure proper staffing and production levels are maintained
- Monitors, reviews and communicates billing procedures with support staff
- Monitors billing accuracy and timeliness to identify appropriate corrective actions, training and systems modifications. Performs random sampling of staff work, documents, and takes appropriate action
- Develops methodology necessary to identify all billable physician patient encounters and performed procedures
- Develops methodologies to follow up on claim denials and correspondence
- Participates in systems, financial, and medical billing meetings to represent administration and departments. Researches data and prepares for meetings. Provides presentation materials and trends
- Implements billing procedures and closely monitors accuracy of billing data submitted
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelors degree in related specialty preferred.
- 2 years billing supervisor experience
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.