Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Research Informatics - Req # 2456826
The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS) is looking for talented experts in biomedical informatics and data science with the responsibilities and qualifications listed below. At ISMMS, our vision is to transform biomedical research and healthcare delivery into a data-driven, evidence-based, patient-tailored discipline. By maximally leveraging information from patients around the world, we deliver premier precision care optimized for each patient, while discovering breakthrough, next-generation treatments through insights derived from cutting-edge analytics applied to unprecedented amounts of patient-derived data. We promote a core set of values – designed to promote our future vision of team-oriented, data driven global biomedical research: 1) Do good for the patient, 2) Simplify, 3) Share openly, 4) Focus, 5) Synergize, 6) Contributions, not politics, and 7) Deliver.
What You’ll Do:
- Designing, maintaining, and enhancing data warehousing systems
- Designing, building and maintaining ETL feeds for new and existing data sources
- Ensuring ongoing accuracy of data ETL feeds, monitoring for changes in the source systems which may alter inbound data
- Building appropriate linkages and relationships between data fields within data warehouse
- Creating and maintaining source-of-truth relationship tables for key fields to be referenced throughout a data warehouse.
- Implementing a standard nomenclature for use within a data warehouse, in accordance with established Business Intelligence policies.
- Documenting all metadata regarding data source, field type, definition, etc. for each field and table created.
- Serving as a subject matter expert on data sources, structure, or definitions.
- Working with knowledge management and NLP experts to optimize data and information usage.
- Working with Information Systems teams to optimize the data warehouse through hardware or software upgrades or enhancements.
- Structuring data in a way that is easy to understand, query, and display.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and programming proficiencies and proven expertise in high-dimensional data analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Developing, designing, and automating regular reports accurately and on a timely basis
- Designing and building ad-hoc reports that provide actionable and meaningful information
- Responding to analytics inquiries from various entities by identifying data that will provide appropriate and actionable answers.
- Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets and connecting those trends to actionable insights and business needs.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Biomedical Informatics or other relevant quantitative discipline.
- Hands-on experience (5+ years) in a variety of warehouse implementation and management technologies, techniques, and concepts
- Experience with database development tools in Microsoft environment (TSQL, SQL 2008 or above, Visual Studio 2012 or above, C#, SSIS, SSRS)
- Familiarity with Azure, AWS, and NoSQL database systems, such as MongoDB and CouchDB
- Proven ability to work with experts in natural language processing and knowledge management
- Good organization and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to productively work as a member of a team. Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required
- Working experience with genetics or statistics analysis software and online resources or other biomedical data analysis is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with software engineering best practices such as: version control, code review, unit/regression testing, continuous development/continuous integration.