Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department of Obstetrics,Gynecology and Reproductive Science Req # 2456936
The Director of Operational Design Integration will provide system-wide expertise to further the patient experience and clinical transformation goals of the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Science. Guided by the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System, the Director will provide operational support by facilitating, analyzing and managing all initiatives. The Director will utilize a wide range of improvement and project management methodologies, Value-Based Care models, and analysis of relevant data to assist with the development and integration of teams tasked with continuous process and quality improvement.
- Comprehensive and thorough understanding of critical elements of health care delivery, including strategy, business planning, operations, budgets, and accreditation standards
- Consistently demonstrate understanding and dedication to patients served by the Mount Sinai Health System and community needs with the ability to build teams
- Utilize process improvement and related methodologies to guide operational design for continuous patient experience and quality improvement
- Develop scope and plan for improvement initiatives, acquiring stakeholder buy-in and leadership support, and establishing metrics and milestones; Utilize expertise in improvement methodologies to appropriately identify the correct design and approach for initiatives, can communicate approach to outside stakeholders unfamiliar with improvement tools and methodologies
- Accountable with a focus on patient experience and quality
- Designs and improves systems and processes to achieve operational excellence and patient satisfaction
- Independently leads, designs, manages, and implements improvement initiatives through all project phases; able to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects and proactively identifies and mitigates resource constraints and changes in project scope
- Facilitates the assessment of problems, design and collection of metrics, compilation and analysis of data, and development of improvement teams
- Leads collaborative efforts to optimize patient experience that include change management, project development, clinical analytics, and engagement of external experts and community stakeholders
- Develops infrastructure for systems, workflows and processes to achieve specific benchmarks and goals
- Supports the development of continuous improvement projects, including system policies, processes and procedures aimed at optimizing patient experience, safety and quality improvement
- Uses project management skills to develop project plan and timeline for improvement projects; effectively track deliverables and delegate tasks; coordinate project summary presentations; and maintain oversight of all project related tasks necessary for project success
- Designs operational management strategies, quantitative models and tools to improve both strategic and day-to-day management of care delivery in areas such as operational performance and capacity management
- Gather, analyze, integrate and present data from multiple sources to evaluate trends, and implement relevant performance improvement models and teams
- Develop standard work with continued execution and development of protocols and processes to improve the patient experience and quality
- M.S., M.A., Ph.D. or equivalent degree in health informatics, statistics, mathematics, biological sciences, or related field
- Five or more years of professional experience, including responsibility for continuous improvement and operational excellence with the application of data analytics
- Knowledge and experience with process improvement
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with excellent verbal, written, communication and presentation abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAS, or equivalent preferred
- Superior leadership skills
- Experience developing and leading project management teams with the ability to obtain successful results and effectively integrate operational design goals
- Knowledge of enterprise data systems
- Independent thinker with project management experience
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.