Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Maintain a solid understanding of assigned business areas and strategic objectives.
- Generally responsible for financial and internal controls of Facilities Department’s operations and capital projects
- Prepares various financial and statistical reports for Facilities and Engineering including analysis of general ledger, staffing status reports, disciplinary action reports, overtime reports, reports on shop expenditures, minor renovations proposals, etc.
- Initiates, processes and approves transactions relating to purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cost accounting, inventories, fund accounting and insurance administration.
- Interfaces on a continuous basis with department heads of Construction, Engineering
- Interface with IT to develop processes and policies to integrate information technologies where Finance/Accounting and Business overlap. Provides direction and administers operational functions of the department regarding fiscal, personnel, management information systems, budget, legal, policy and labor relations activities.
- Evaluates work of subordinates and counsels on work performance.
- Develops and maintains cooperative working relationships with user departments to gather and exchange information, resolve problems and improve services provided.
- 5-10 year experience in Facilities and Engineering financial operations, and software administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other related business field
- Audit experience would benefit the job responsibilities of the position.
- Must be proficient in MS Office products and have sufficient knowledge to interface with IT on software issues.
- Basic knowledge of accounting treatment for technology
- Proven ability to influence and drive results from cross-functional teams
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.