Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- The Offsite Administrator is responsible for the day to day administration of assigned offsite practice, including operational, administrative and financial areas. Develops policies and procedures and operational practices that are consistent with medical center philosophy and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Accomplishes business office human resource strategies by determining accountabilities, communicating and enforcing values, policies and procedures, implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary and communication programs, planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions and reviewing compensation strategies.
2. Responsible for the day to day administration of the department, encompassing operational, administrative and financial areas. Directs office operational strategies by analyzing trends, preparing critical measurements, implementing production, productivity, quality and customer service strategies.
3. Formulates and recommends annual operating budget in salary and supply areas; works with subordinate staff in identifying budgetary requirements. Monitors variance activity on a monthly basis.
4. Develops policies and procedures consistent with sound operational practice and as required by institution and regulatory agencies.
5. Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by developing policy positions concerning federal, state and local regulations and JCAHO standards, supporting and upholding hospital and department policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement, safety, environment and infection control and anticipation of emerging issues.
6. Resolves problems and improves flow of service and operation by maintaining cooperative working relationships with other departments, managers, physicians, vendors and consultants.
7. Generates revenues by developing and implementing collection systems, analyzes and evaluates all information-gathering processes, monitors managed care, third party reimbursement and accounts receivable management, including bad debt and cash collections. Keeps current and anticipates changes in federal and state reimbursement regulations.
8. Provides information by preparing and analyzing statistical, operational and other reports for department chair or senior management; participates in meetings to receive and disseminate hospital information and direction.
9. Updated job knowledge by providing leadership in educational and professional organizations, contributing to professional publications if appropriate in credentialing, and maintaining personal networks.
Master’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
8 years in hospital management setting
1. Attention to detail
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills
3. Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments