Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department: Development/Fundraising - Req # 2458480
Title: Development Associate System Hospitals
Mount Sinai Health System seeks exceptional development support professional to join the Office of Development and support the Senior Director and Director for the system hospitals team. The Development Associate is key to the effectiveness and smooth functioning of the department and will have primary responsibility for scheduling, material development and distribution, and other administrative duties.
- Support the Office of Development’s comprehensive major gifts program to raise funds for the Mount Sinai Health System.
- Provide administrative support (e.g. scheduling physician meetings, donor meetings, maintain calendar, prepare and coordinate materials, agendas for meetings, etc.) for the Senior Director and Director of the system hospitals team.
- Compose and proofread proposals, case for support, program summaries, talking points, briefings, personalized donor acknowledgments as well as other correspondence as directed.
- Draft correspondence, and prepare/coordinate in house mailings to managed prospect portfolios.
- Manage vendors, freelancers, agencies, and other specialists. Oversee and manage purchase orders, invoices and other expenses.
- Raisers Edge Prospect/Portfolio Management: Update and maintain all moves management information related to managed portfolios as well as prospect base including entering contact reports, adding and updating proposals, entering future/anticipated actions, maintaining all data/coding related to the several reports most frequently used in tracking and measuring donor moves management.
- Coordinate prospect screening lists with Development Data and Prospect Research Teams.
- Field and respond to donor, physician, administrators’ phone and email inquiries relating to donation and fund related issues.
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating logistics related to donor cultivation and stewardship events.
- Foster positive and professional working relationships with all staff.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors’ Degree
- 2 years’ work experience, preferably working in an office setting, in development, public relations or marketing
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office environment
- Ability to learn fund-raising database; Raiser's Edge experience preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organized, meticulous, and flexible
- The ability to work within an environment that emphasizes teamwork as well as individual initiative
- Sensitivity, tact, and
The ability to honor confidentiality
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.