Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Provides front line contact for the program by answering telephones, directing and responding to callers, , relaying messages to appropriate recipients and greeting patients and visitors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. May schedule surgeries/procedures or work in conjunction with Surgical Coordinator verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admissions and consent forms as necessary.
2. Opens, sorts and prioritizes mail. Coordinates pickup and delivery of packages, orders and other materials as required.
3. Maintains Program records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, coding, updating and destruction.
4. Types routine confidential and non-confidential correspondence, memos, reports, minutes and other documents from dictation or handwritten copy. Proofreads typed materials and makes corrections, as needed.
5. Schedule patient appointments, schedule referrals of special testing or doctor’s visits, and keep record of patient billing for submission as required.
6. Provide coverage for other staff as assigned during PTO or leaves of absence.
7. May acquire insurance authorizations for procedures and tests ordered by attending physician.
8. Assist in the maintenance of medical charts and/or electronic medical record (filing, Op Reports, test results, home care forms).
9. Schedules and maintains calendar for meetings and/or appointments
10. Responds to inquiries for information according to established policies.
11. Gathers, assembles and categorizes data for general information purposes and special reports
12. Process check requests and expense reimbursements as needed.
13. Assist finance with outstanding invoices, POs and check request
14. Assist credentialing manager when needed, especially in projects with deadlines.
15. Instructs patients and assist them with initiating MY chart.
16. Provide support to Physician and Program leadership with appointment scheduling and meetings.
17. Arrange food, minutes, sitting, send invites and handles confirmation for all meetings on site with Program leadership, Medical directors, educational meetings, and other leadership meetings.
18. Manage special projects as assigned by Physician or Program administrator. Maintain Insurance, Referral or QA logs as required by program leadership. Responsible for all patients’ grievances, grievances statistics, and follow up for assigned program areas. (Takes reports discuss with administrator and send letters to patients).
19. Responsible for scheduling vendors for program areas as required. Assist Program administrator and Physician leadership with marketing initiatives.
High School Required, Some college preferred
5-10 Years’ experience in a physician practice or hospital setting providing administrative support functions.