Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on large-scale cutting-edge sequencing, genotyping and functional data. Some duties and responsibilities include:
- Leading their own research project (including writing and publishing manuscripts);
- Providing bioinformatics support including developing computational pipelines to analyze large-scale sequencing data, data mining in EHR-linked data, statistical modeling;
- Assisting with grant and manuscript writing and preparation;
- Assisting with lab management
The successful candidate for this position will have substantial input to the specific nature of their research project but should broadly fit within both lab’s overall research goals.
Lab members will benefit from collaborations with neighboring labs in the Charles Bronfman Institute for Personalized Medicine, Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, and the Icahn Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology.
The term for this position is for one year. The position may be continued contingent on successful progress and available funding.
- B.S. in Biological Sciences, Bioinformatics, Computer Sciences, Statistics or related discipline. M.S. in related field preferred.
- Working experience with genetics or statistics analysis software and online resources. Experience in programming environments such as Matlab, R statistical package, BioConductor, Perl or C++.
- Good organization and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to productively work as a member of a team. Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.