Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Data Warehouse Developer/Analyst designs,
tests, implements, and maintains the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center’s
Data Warehouse, with the overarching goal of improving clinical care and accelerating
The incumbent will develop databases across multiple platforms, technologies (e.g., physical, relational and object oriented) and computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server) for Sinai-specific and NIH-funded national resources and projects. The incumbent will design, develop and manage these resources in a data warehousing environment, utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Designs, tests, implements, and maintains Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center’s Data Warehouse, and other associated Research Databases for researchers, clinicians and staff.
2. Works closely with technical management and researcher-clients to design and implement databases and database support tools in support of complex business application development requirements and processes (e.g., diverse development platforms, technological environments, software, hardware, tools, etc.).
3. Approaches all relationships with a world-class customer service approach. Maintains a customer-focused approach with users to provide solutions that are science/research-driven.
4. Supports, designs and manages upgrades to Microsoft SQL Server Management studio and job scheduler.
5. Expertise in Tableau and creation of dashboards/stories using complex sql logic is required.
5. Monitors transaction activities and assists in the utilization of databases.
6. Strong MS SQL analysis skills required.
7. Work with other IT professionals through Mount Sinai effectively. Comply with the Institutional Review Board and HIPAA to follow all applicable policies and procedures.
8. Assists in the development of standards and procedures affecting database management, design and maintenance.
9. Establishes and maintains databases for user tests and production purposes including designing databases and creating indexes.
10. Performance Tuning of SQL, and related scripts.
11. Trains user groups on procedures and standards.
12. Must have flexibility to learn and embrace a dynamic environment, which could include other database and pipeline technologies (e.g. EPIC Caboodle, EPIC Clarity, SQL Server, various ETL tools, cloud database services, Oracle databases.) and other coding/scripting languages.
13. May act as a project leader.
14. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
• Five years minimum experience in the design and
administration of logical and relational databases and Data Warehouses in
diverse technological environments.
• Strong SQL analysis skills required (Microsoft SQL Server is required).
• Tableau experience is required.
• ETL development experience is a plus
• Healthcare data experience is required (familiarity with Epic is a strong plus).
• Scripting and automation experience (Shell, Python, PERL, or similar) is a plus.
• HL7 Interface knowledge is a plus.
• Crystal Reports is a plus
• Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is a plus.
• Must understand the systems development process and have a solid understanding of business processes. Requires excellent analytical ability, consultative and communication skills, strong judgment and the ability to work effectively with clients and other IT management and staff.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/work experience. Master’s degree in relevant field of study preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.