Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Data Manager oversees the quality and timeliness of all data management activities for a study or program. The Data Manager is responsible for study startup documents, questionnaires, data cleaning, query tracking, compilation and maintenance of data management binders. The Data Manager develops; monitors study metrics, and ensure appropriate training for the staff.
- Creates, updates, maintains and validates data for the provision of computerized reports. Manage data through review, computerization, cleaning and auditing for compliance with standard operating procedures, and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Reviews, analyzes, and validates data to ensure consistency, integrity and accuracy based on specific guidelines.
- Develops study questionnaires. Analyze responses; develop plans to provide feedback.
- Assists in standardizing data management procedures such as documentation for departmental operating procedures.
- Maintains documentation and data quality management guidelines
- Writes and prepares manuscripts reports and other materials for internal and external audiences.
- Ensures data accuracy through review of case report forms or questionnaires for completeness and consistency.
- Recognizes recurring issues and analyze causes in order to reach a solution. Generate plans and provide tools/techniques for improvement and to measure success.
- Provides guidance appropriate training to staff. Coordinate activities required to meet quality standards.
- Maintains knowledge of current regulations and technologies related to data management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Certificate or Diploma in Quality Assurance preferred.
- 3 years of data management/quality assurance/experience in a healthcare environment.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, organizational and planning skills.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.