Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Works directly with the Assistant Director, Performance Improvement, and the Vice Chair of Medicine, Quality and Clinical Affairs, to support change control and process improvement efforts through data analysis and case monitoring
- Provides support to quality leadership on special projects, including planning, implementing, and evaluating quality projects as assigned
- Monitors and analyzes patient care outcomes and other performance indicators for health system, department, and division-specific quality initiatives utilizing applications such as Tableau and Excel
- Works collaboratively with physicians, nurses, and other professionals to develop report cards or profiles for selected service areas; identifies appropriate data sources and benchmarks to evaluate progress
- Creates statistical analyses and presentations to evaluate and disseminate assigned studies
- Presents data and analyses to key stakeholder groups independently as requested
- Education: Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred in healthcare administration, public health, business administration, or a related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with Tableau or other data visualization programs
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.