Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Mood and Personality Disorder Research Group is seeking a full time database manager. The database manager will be responsible for receiving raw data (paper copies with study IDs), logging them in and checking them for completeness. The raw data will then be passed on to someone else for data entry.
This position will also require learning to use Microsoft Access to query the data in order to put together data sets for analysis, presentations and grants.
- This job will also involve assisting the PIs with presentation of data in the form of Powerpoint presentations, graphs and tables.
- General familiarity with simple analyses in SPSS would be helpful.
- The database manager may also assist investigators and research staff on grant funded studies of the biological and psychological differences in mood and personality.
- All work will be conducted in the Mood and Personality Disorders Research Program.
- Performs other related duties.
- BA or BS in psychology, neuroscience, or a related field
- Candidates must have superb organizational and communication skills
- Candidates must be willing to commit two years to the position
- Computer and General Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access or other statistical package helpful but not necessary
- Excellent organization, time management, and interpersonal skills required
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.