Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
UX Design Intern - Consumer Digital
Our Consumer Digital team at Mount Sinai Health System is seeking a User Experience and User Interface Design Intern to join our group this summer. As a UX/UI Design Intern you will get to work on a high-caliber team within one of the top health systems in the world. You'll help drive design vision and strategy, collaborate with a team of passionate product managers, engineers, and designers, and be an advocate for a large and diverse patient population to create seamless, accessible, and transparent consumer-facing experiences. This internship will give you an opportunity to gain real world experience on a variety of projects as well as hands-on training in all phases of the UX process - from discovery work (research, strategy, product development), ideation and design (wireframes and visual design), to usability testing and deployment.
What you will do:
- Drive a planned summer project through the entire design process. You’ll gather insights, explore possibilities, shape the user experience, and follow through to proof of concept development.
- You’ll partner closely with our designers, engineering and product managers to synthesize ideas and define requirements.
- Create user-centered designs considering data from a variety of internal and external sources, user feedback, user research and technical constraints/opportunities.
- Create workflows, wireframes, design mockups and prototypes to effectively conceptualize new product initiatives and features.
- Simplify and distill complex processes into intuitive and elegant experiences.
- Take ownership of your work and effectively manage priorities.
- Between 1-2 years of relevant work experience, as a UX/UI or Product Designer or comparable title.
- You are actively pursuing an education and career in Product Design.
- You have a strong online portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes) and solid visual designs (mockups and style guides) for mobile and desktop.
- You have experience working in a collaborative team, partnering with product management, and working directly with developers.
- You are hungry to learn, enthusiastic and engaged in all things UX, and ready to contribute independently and collaboratively.
- Familiar with conducting user research, particularly usability testing, and turning the output into data that can drive product design decisions.
- Familiar with information architecture, as well as knowledgeable of usability principles and techniques.
- You have an interest in designing large-scale design systems and applications.
- You are familiar with design component libraries.
- Experience in tools of the trade, such as Sketch, InVision, Illustrator, Photoshop.
What's nice to have:
- Proficiency in Framer X and After Effects
- Previous experience in healthcare or some knowledge of U.S. health systems or hospital networks
- Some exposure or experience in digital marketing